| 31 May, 2018 21:27
McIntire is a leader in the environmentally conscious Sci-Art movement; his oeuvre explores the connections between nature, science, technology and art. In addition to insects, animals, flowers, vines and birds, many of the compositions feature Op-Art inspired depictions of energy fields. Cellular transitions, radio waves, animal sounds, subatomic particles and other elements are represented as concentric circles and radiating lines. The artist layers these graphic elements into his compositions, which read as meditations on the natural, physical and metaphysical world.
Read entire Review with this link....
| 16 April, 2018 13:21
| 10 March, 2018 13:48
A retrospective exhibition of my paintings and drawings from the past 10 years. William Ris Gallery, Jamesport, NY
| 10 March, 2018 13:32
An illustrated slide lecture and book signing of "Scott McIntire Backyard Project" a photo documentation of the Mammals, Birds and Insects found on my 1/4 acre property on the east end of Long Island, New York. Special attention will be given to how the paintings on display relate to the photos shown. Peconic Landing, Greenport, NY
| 10 March, 2018 13:23
An invitational group exhibition in Haber Space at Central Booking in the East village of New York City.
| 10 March, 2018 13:14
A juried exhibition at the Long Island Museum in Stony Brook, NY
| 09 March, 2018 17:27
Photo slide lecture of Mammals, Birds and Insects found in my Greenport, NY garden.
Cutchogue New Suffolk Library Gallery, Cutchogue, NY
| 09 March, 2018 17:20
Solo Exhibition of my paintings at the Cutchogue New Suffolk Library Gallery, Cutchogue, NY
| 09 March, 2018 17:11
Solo exhibition at the Kenneth Paul Lesko Gallery, Cleveland, OH
| 09 March, 2018 16:56
An Art and Science group exhibition in Bar Harbor, ME
| 09 March, 2018 16:45
Four person exhibition exploring environmental issues.
| 06 April, 2017 15:26
I am pleased to share the latest review of my work in NotRandomArt.
My work and interview can be found on pages 30 to 37. It's an interview about how and why I started painting and how my work arrived at where it is now.
| 26 September, 2016 16:44
| 30 March, 2016 15:20
An exhibition of 44 artists from around the country. Happy to have my painting Locust Borer Beetle is included.
| 23 January, 2016 17:14
I have 2 paintings in this Insect related group exhibit. Both are part of my #BackyardProject where I am recording all of the Mammals, Birds and Insects that show up in my 1/4 acre property on Long Island, New York. The flowers that I paint also come from my garden.
Search this blog:
Calendar Of Posts
- ART REVIEW: Scott McIntire • Exploring Colors and Life at Intersection of Nature and Science
- Artist Talk • April 21, 2-4pm • William Ris Gallery • Jamesport, NY
- William Ris Gallery • Seen and Unseen • April 7 - 29, 2018
- Peconic Landing Auditorium • The World Around Us....Art and Nature • Oct 14, 2017, 7:30pm
- Central Booking, NYC • Garden of Earthly Delights • Nov 9, 2017 - Jan 21, 2018
- Long Island Museum • Animal Kingdom, from Tame to Wild • Sept 15 - Oct 22, 2017
- Cutchogue New Suffolk Library • My Backyard Discoveries • Saturday October 7, 2017
- Cutchogue New Suffolk Library Gallery • Scott McIntire • Sept 1 - Oct 31, 2017
- Kenneth Paul Lesko Gallery • Enamel Paintings • May 19 - July 15, 2017
- MDI Biological Laboratory • Art Meets Science • June 20 - September 30, 2016