| 13 October, 2018 13:50
I will be talking about my paintings at the Nassau County Art Museum on Sunday October 21 at 3:00pm. The talk is free to the public with general admission. This is the last month for this show.
| 11 August, 2018 17:57
Installation of my Bittersweet paintings and Ellisworth Kelly at this this blockbuster show on color. Curated by the Director Dr Charles Riley this show has over 100 works from the 19th center to this moments hottest talents.
| 10 March, 2018 13:14
A juried exhibition at the Long Island Museum in Stony Brook, NY
| 09 March, 2018 17:11
Solo exhibition at the Kenneth Paul Lesko Gallery, Cleveland, OH
| 22 January, 2016 21:38
Installation of 16 #EnergyFieldPaintings that deal with images from my #BackyardProject on Long Island, New York.
The two barn paintings are from additional Long Island, Northfork locations
| 12 September, 2014 16:39
Familiar Bluet on Bittersweet, 12” x 46.5”, Enamel on Wood, 2014
Part of my Dark Energy series this is a further exploration of the calligraphic possibilities the Bittersweet vine has to offer. This invasive vine stabilizes its upward growth by shooting out these long curling branches that wrap around other branches and often back on itself.
| 29 January, 2014 14:36
Poppy Energy Field • 2013 • 36” x 41” • Enamel on Canvas
The Oriental Poppy found in my backyard always catches my attention and thus became the primary subject for this painting. As part of my Energy Field series the unseen cellular transmissions, the sounds in the yard and the garden smells become the secondary subject.
This painting will be shown March 21st to May 10th, 2014 at the Kenneth Paul Lesko Gallery in Cleveland, OH
| 19 September, 2012 16:42
Sumac Energy Field • 36" x 72" • Enamel on Canvas • 2012
After passing these wild Sumac berries for years I felt it was time to paint them on canvas. I was drawn by the visual power of these luscious red/maroon berry clusters. These clusters are grouped together on adjacent plants and situated next to power polls, road signs and houses. They exist almost completely unnoticed by most people driving by. It was because of this proximity to the road that I added the 2 side panels.
Also in the Nature Incorporated show.
| 17 May, 2012 22:40
Here are 2 sculptures I did for a Tattoo show at the Morgan Rank Gallery in East Hampton, NY back in 1999. They will be part of a new tattoo show at the East End Seaport Museum in Greenport, NY. Opening May 26th and runs through October 28th, 2012. Bob and Samie are both life size so you can come and have your photo taken with whichever body you desire.
Search this blog:
Calendar Of Posts
- Artist in the Gallery • Scott McIntire • Nassau County Art Museum
- ART ELEVATED banner, NYC Garment District from Sept 12 to Oct 31, 2018
- TRUE COLORS • Nassau County Museum of Art • July 23 - Nov 4, 2018 | 15 July, 2018 16:46
- TRUE COLORS • Nassau County Museum of Art • July 23 - Nov 4, 2018
- ART REVIEW: Scott McIntire • Exploring Colors and Life at Intersection of Nature and Science
- Artist Talk • April 21, 2-4pm • William Ris Gallery • Jamesport, NY
- William Ris Gallery • Seen and Unseen • April 7 - 29, 2018
- Peconic Landing Auditorium • The World Around Us....Art and Nature • Oct 14, 2017, 7:30pm
- Central Booking, NYC • Garden of Earthly Delights • Nov 9, 2017 - Jan 21, 2018
- Long Island Museum • Animal Kingdom, from Tame to Wild • Sept 15 - Oct 22, 2017